The existing protein in chicken, calf meat, egg, and cheese is one of the major materials to provide animal- based protein for body. However, fish meat includes higher nutrition values.
The resultant protein from fish meat consists of all essential amino acids for growth of human body. For this reason, meat of aquatic creatures is extremely crucial for providing daily protein requirements of body.
There is lesser connective tissue in fish meat than in other types of meat and therefore it can be said that almost total consumed fish meat is absorbed by the body and for this reason it is recommended to consume fish meat to prevent from some of diseases.
Many high-valuable foods include some materials if they are consumed they may not be so useful for body. In addition to provide the needed proteins for the body, the resulting foods from aquatic creatures include many vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin B12. It is obvious that if these foods are consumed along with vegetables, their nutritional value will be increased further to great extent.
In many communities, a half rate of mortalities is caused by arthrosclerosis that results from accumulation of cholesterol and creating sediments in blood vessels where this causes blocking of heath feeding vessels and consequently cardiac and cerebral arrests. The rate of the existing lipid (fat) in fishes and other aquatic creatures is much less than red meat. Many fishes include less than 5% fat. Regardless of its skin, the content of fat in chicken meat is only the same as in fish.
With respect to nutritional problems and bottlenecks and ever-growing increase in number of cardiovascular complications in national metropolises, consumption of fish and other aquatic creatures is crucially important.
It was known in 1970s that Eskimos in Greenland did not suffer from cardiac diseases despite of consuming high amounts of fat and protein. Such a difference is related to type of fat they consume. Fat in fish and aquatic products is of unsaturated type while the existing fat in red meat and even white meat of fowls mainly includes saturated fats.
Consuming fish and other marine foods not only contributes to preservation of health of heart and prevention from cardiac disease, but also consuming them by lactating and pregnant women may cause eyesight improvement and better growth of brain in fetus and neonate. It is a long time that the experts in the field of nutrition sciences have introduced the marine foods as the excellent and low-fat sources of protein and full of omeha-3- fatty acid.
The existing fat in marine products:
Despite of the fact that the fish and marine products are included in animal nutrients they are different from other types of animal-based substances in terms of lipid composition. The existing fat in animal-content nutrients consist of some compounds called as saturated fatty acids where these compounds cause increase in rate of cholesterol and other unfavorable lipids in blood.
Therefore, extreme consumption of animal-based fats may threaten health of heart and vessels and eventually lead to cardiac arrests and strokes while the existing fat in fish and other similar aquatic creatures is similar to plant-based substances.
There are unsaturated fatty acids in aquatic creatures called omega-3 that are responsible for very important effects on human’s health and they are efficient in prophylaxis of diseases and control and contribution to remedy of various disorders and complications.
The fish oil is not only full of the necessary and essential fatty acids for body and useful for preservation of healthy heart but also contributes to improvement of mental disorders and complications such as depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia.
Several following proposed important and useful properties of fish oil include:
Prevention from cardiovascular diseases:
The fish oil not only contributes to lower level of triglyceride and blood cholesterol but also plays essential role in prevention from sclerosis of vessels and prevention from cardiac arrhythmia.
Prevention from cancer:
The fish oil is helpful in prevention from three types of breast cancer, cancer in large intestine, and prostate gland. In fact, omeg-3 prevents from conversion of healthy and normal cells into cancerous ones and inhibits from abnormal cellular growth.
The existing omega-3 in marine foods protects from body against cancer and diabetes and slackens progress of Alzheimer at initial phases.
Regulation of cholesterol:
One of the important and major properties of fish oil is in that it contributes to regulation of blood cholesterol level. The existing EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DPA (Docosapentaenoic acid) fatty acids in fish oil play important role in regulation of cholesterol.
You can be slim with fish oil:
Fish consumption contributes to therapy of hypertension and obesity. A good diet for weight loss will be much efficient and successful if it is accompanied with routine consumption of a certain amount of fish.
Treatment of arthritis (joint inflammation):
Similarly, fish oil is also useful for therapy of arthritis lesion. Long-term consumption of this oil may be effective in reducing and or prevention from pains caused by arthritis.
Healthcare of eyes:
Consumption of omega-3 fatty acid may protect from eyes against eye-related macula lutea degeneration and at the same time it reduces the risk of incidence of dry eye syndrome (KCS).
Impact on blindness at old age:
One can fight against geriatric blindness (vision loss) and prevent from its increase by consuming fish oil. Omega-3- content diet may reduce the risk of incidence of macular transformation disease that is one of the prevalent diseases at old age.
In this disease, the ocular posterior cells are impaired and cause removal central vision.
Prevention from mental disorders:
A number of medical studies have shown that consumption of fish oil contributes to reducing risk of morbidity of Alzheimer disease, senile dementia, and even schizophrenia.
Relief of symptoms in schizophrenia disease:
Schizophrenia is an acute mental disease, in which the symptoms include hallucination, mental abnormalities, and dissociative disorders. A great number of evidences show that abnormality of fatty acid compounds in cellular membrane is related to morbidity of this disease. Consuming fish oil may reduce intensity of symptoms of this disease to great extent.
The researchers have concluded that schizophrenia disease is typically related to an abnormal mechanism of fatty acid and they always emphasize in conducting clinical tests to identify the latent advantages in administration of omega-3-fatty acid in order to treat this trauma.
Skin and hair healthcare:
Omega-3 may help to preservation of humidity in dermal cells, production of collagen useful matter, and removal of dermal scars and finally cause maintenance of youth and loveliness of face. At the same time, the existing proteinous content in fish oil may contribute to growth of hair and preservation of their health and strengthening of them.
Coping with hypertension:
Omega-3 possesses some anti-inflammatory and anti-coagulant properties and for this reason it plays role in reducing blood pressure.
Fighting against asthma:
The fish oil is very efficient in improvement of respiratory complications including asthma. This helpful supplement may help to decrease asthmatic and respiratory attacks more easily.
Contribution to treatment of AIDS:
The conducted studies by specialists of food sciences plan in Lexington have demonstrated that the fish oil may also play an efficient and useful role even in treatment of AIDS by reducing level of blood triglyceride.
The continuous fish oil consumption may also help to remedy of nails tissue and health and for this reason it can be used in production of nail tonic compounds.
The existing omega-3 in fish oil can help to regulation of balance in content of minerals in bones and their peripheral tissues.
The special impact of fish oil in treatment of depression:
The depressed subjects are often exposed to reduced level of EPA fatty acids. As a result, fish oil is also useful in treatment of the depressed patients.
Consumption of fish oil decrease post-partum depression:
Consuming of omega-3- fatty acids- enriched foods or nutritional supplements during pregnancy period may decrease risk of morbidity of post-partum depression symptoms.
The post-partum depression is a prevalent disease among females in various levels in which about 25% of mothers suffer from this disease and it includes several symptoms such as sleeping and food eating disorders, emotional complications, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, anxiety, confusion, sense of guilty, and thinking about suicide.
Whereas the existing DHA (Docoahexenoic acid) fatty acid in fish oil is useful for growth of eyes and brain of fetus thus it is recommended consuming fish oil to pregnant females as well. The fish oil prevents from premature childbirth or birth of child lower than the normal weight as well as contraception and abortion.
The fish oil may play efficient role in reducing inflammation in blood and tissues. This supplement is also helpful for treatment of digestive disorder, small intestine syndrome, and chronic inflammatory diseases.
Fish consumption may highly affect on decreasing joint inflammation such as rheumatism so that the required corton dosage may be noticeably reduced in this patients.
Health of brain and nervous system
Protection against type II diabetes
Coping with Acne
And etc …
- Consumption of fish and vegetables such as green bean during childhood reduces morbidity of various types of allergy.
- Fish is also effective in remedy of burnings and reduced menstrual pains.
- The marine foods are easily digested and for this reason the consumers may less suffer from gastric ulcer.
- The existing vitamin B12 in marine food causes formation of new erythrocytes in blood.
- Transference of common diseases among human and animal may more rarely take place in fishes.
- The intelligence quotient is at very higher level in children whose mothers have consumed fish at least twice a week since 80% of fetus’s brain consists of omega-3.
- Tuna fish sardine and salmon include a lot of omega-3.
- Fish reduces incidence of diabetes.
- Sardine, trout, king mackerel, and herring remarkably affect in treatment of depression.
- Fish consumption is useful for patients with MS so that they may show MS symptoms more rarely by consuming fish.
- Omega-3- fatty acid positively affects on skin health. This fatty acid prevents from dryness, flocculation, eczema, pimples, and other dermal diseases and causes acceleration in treatment of patient’s skin.
- Consuming of omega-3 inhibits from hyper-active disorder and osteoporosis in children.
- Due to their property in creation of slow function of nerve, fish and yogurt should not be consumed at the same time.
- Fish is source of zinc that is highly important in physical growth so that shortage of zinc during puberty period leads to reduced stature (acromegaly).
- Fish is source of iron that is effective in hematopoiesis, resistance against germs, and prevention from excessive tiredness and general fatigue and weakness.
- Fish is a source of fluorine and it is very crucial in prevention from tooth decay.
- The fish fat is useful but fat of red meat is harmful for body.
- The impact of fish oil is more effective on heath of heart than soybean.
- Compared to the rest of meats, fish meat includes fewer connective tissues.
- The protein of marine foods has higher quality than protein of chicken and calf meats and egg and cheese with more amino acids.
- There are more minerals and vitamins in fish meat than in other meats especially vitamin group.
- There are only 40mg of omega-3 in 60g egg and or beef while there are 1200mg of omega-3 in 60g of fish.
- The fish meat includes more water and less fat compared to other types of meats.
- The chicken chest without skin and bone (fillet) may have property of less-saturated fat with higher protein similar to fish.
- Fish is source of magnesium and fluorine. The existing magnesium in blood causes consolidation of bones and fluorine also prevents from tooth decay.
- Most of fishes include less than 5% fat.
- Walnut, soybean, and canola oil are the alternatives for fish in which the quantity of omega-3 is only 10% less than in fish.
- The sea fishes possess higher nutritional value than river fishes since the sea fishes feed phytoplankton and migrate to lay eggs to rivers and due to consumption of protein and body deposits for egg-laying they have lesser nutritional value.
- Salmon, mullet, northern fishes and mackerel, sciaenoid fish, and haemulid fish are southern species of fish that due to difference in type of feeding of southern fishes are enriched with more iodine content than northern fishes and also southern fishes are enriched with more phosphorus and calcium contents.